Practical Dog Training Course
COURSE FEE €999
- Hold your place with the refundable €100 deposit
- Complete the Creedons College QQI Programme Application Form and submit it to email@example.com
- A member of staff will review and will be in touch to let you know if your application has been successful
- Complete payment (Finance for Creedons College courses can be applied for online at The Lough Credit Union via this link https://loughcu.ie/education-loans/)
This course leads to a QQI level 6 minor award in Canine Obedience and Training 6N6228.
Creedons College have designed the Practical Dog Training course with the needs of the learner in mind. We have created a programme that will give the learners both the knowledge and the skills required to be able to train dogs of all breeds and temperaments both simple and complex behaviours with confidence and success.
This course is;
- Delivered on weekends, facilitating those working fulltime, or travelling from a distance
- Just three months long, meaning you will be on your way to a career training dogs in next to no time
- Intense classroom sessions, maximising the learning outcome of each session to ensure that your knowledge and skills develop rapidly
- Focused on facilitating a warm, friendly, inclusive learning environment where strong life long friendships are made while sharing a love for dog care.
*For course modules and classroom dates, see below.
This course is run twice a year. Courses usually fill approximately 2 months prior to start date so if you are interested in enrolling then don’t delay.
DATES CAN BE FOUND BELOW
The course is delivered over a 3 month period.
Click to Download the programme descriptor where you can find out more information on this programme.
*Payment plans available
** The Lough Credit Union has approved this course for financial loans.
*** This course has been approved for many grants and state funding.
The tutor for the Practical Dog Training course is the wonderful Claire Ryan. Visit our ‘About Our Tutors’ page for further information.
This programme will educate learners on how to train dogs. Career opportunities for graduates from this programme include
– Dog Daycare Assistant
– Dog Trainers Assistant
– Training dogs directly, such as assistant dogs, sniffer dogs, search and rescue dogs
– Train dogs for entertainment (TV / Movies / Advertising)
To become a ‘dog trainer’ in the traditional sense of the word we would recommend that upon graduating from this course you take the 6 month ‘Professional Dog Training Instructor’ course.
This course will further develop your dog training skills but will focus heavily on developing your Instructing skills – your ability to teach dog owners how to train their dogs. This will lead to a career as a dog training instructor, where you can host group training classes, puppy classes, advanced obedience classes and more. This course will also prepare you for one to one training consultations.
Once you have been working as a professional dog trainer for a minimum of one year, we would encourage you to consider upskilling to take our Professional Dog Behaviour Consultant programme. This is an intense programme aimed as preparing learners for a career as a dog behaviourist.
Terms and Conditions
This course leads to a QQI level 6 minor award in Canine Obedience and Training 6N6228
May 2022: SOLD OUT
May 14th & 15th
June 18th &17th
July 16th & 17th
August 27th & 28th
October 8th & 9th
November 12th & 13th
**These dates are provisional and are subject to change
Please contact us directly to be added to our waiting list.
Unit 1 Evolution
Unit 2 Breeds
Unit 3 Learning Theory
Unit 4 Puppy Training
Unit 5 Problem Behaviour
Unit 6 Practical Dog Training
Unit 7 Dog Training Management
Unit 8 Understanding the Dog Training Industry
Unit 9 Work Experience
Unit 10 Work Experience Reflection
May 2022, August 2022
Refundable Holding Deposit €100, Full Payment €999