Practical Dog Management Course
€99.00 – €999.00
To join the waiting list please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hold your place with the refundable €99 deposit
- Complete the Creedons College QQI Programme Application Form and submit it to email@example.com
- A member of staff will review and will be in touch to let you know if your application has been successful
- Complete payment (Finance for Creedons College courses can be applied for online at The Lough Credit Union via this link)
- Many grants available for QQI courses – more information here
**CLASSROOM DATES 2022**
Saturday November 19th
Sunday November 20th
Monday November 21st
Tuesday November 22nd
You will be required to attend classroom sessions at our centre in Cork City.
Class dates are flexible and will be arranged directly with the learner.
You are required to attend 20 work experience days at a dog care centre of your choice, anywhere across the Republic of Ireland.
Placement can be assisted by Creedons College and can be provided at Creedons Dog Care in Cork City.
This course leads to a QQI level 6 minor award in Work Practice 6N1947, which will be applied to work environments where dog handling is the focus.
This course requires 20 days of work practice at a work place where you are required to participate in dog handling. While this course focuses on doggie daycare centres, it is also just as applicable to multiple work environments where you work with groups of dogs, such as boarding kennels, assistant dog centres, and more.
Ideally all 20 days of work practice should be completed by the completion of the course delivery. If you cannot complete the placement you can still take a place on the course, just please discuss this with us directly.
A career working with dogs may have seemed too good to be true, but in today’s society, career opportunities working with dogs are more plentiful than ever before.
However, the general requirement is that the applicant have a proven ability to carry out the work to a high standard. This is why we are very excited to be able to launch the Practical Dog Management programme to Ireland. This course is the first of it’s kind, and will prepare graduates for a successful career in the following industries;
- Dog Daycare
- Assistant Dog Carer
- Dog Rescue Charities
- Boarding Kennels
- Dog Sitting & Dog Walking
- Working Dog Carer (customs dogs / sniffer dogs etc.)
- And any line of work where managing the welfare of the animals is paramount.
- Creedons College have designed the Practical Dog Management course with the needs of the learner in mind. We have created a programme that has had extremely high satisfaction rates and a high ratio of graduates going on to become professionals in the dog care industry.
This course is;
- Just three months long, meaning you will be ready to work professionally in next to no time
- Focused on facilitating a warm, friendly, inclusive learning environment where strong life long friendships are made while sharing a love for dog care.
*For course modules and classroom dates, see below.
Duration and Delivery
This programme will be delivered part-time over a three month period. Programme content is delivered over two initial weekend sessions, two months work placement, and one final weekend session.
Classroom sessions can also be delivered via online webinar based learning.
** If learners cannot commit to the two months work placement, please contact the college directly for alternative options.
Click to Download the programme descriptor where you can find out more information on this programme.
One fee of €999
** The Lough Credit Union has approved this course for financial loans.
*** This course has been approved for many grants and state funding.
Terms and Conditions
This course leads to a QQI level 6 minor award in Work Practice 6N1974
Alternatively, you can choose to do a shorter work placement, which would be certified by Creedons College alone.
Unit 1 Business Characteristics
Unit 2 Issues, Challenges and Trends in the Dog Care Industry – Problem Prevention and Problem Solutions
Unit 3 Legal Obligations of a Dog Care Centres
Unit 4 Dog Care Policy Design, Development, Implementation and Review
Unit 5 Dog Care Procedures Design, Development, Implementation and Review
Unit 6 Communication Skills
Unit 7 Dog Care Operational Skills
Unit 8 Dog Care Work Placement
Full Payment of €999, Hold my Place Deposit €99