Practical Dog Management Course
€100.00 – €999.00
This course leads to a QQI level 6 minor award in Work Practice 6N1947, which will be applied to work environments where dog handling is the focus.
A career working with dogs may have seemed too good to be true, but in today’s society, career opportunities working with dogs are more plentiful than ever before.
However, the general requirement is that the applicant have a proven ability to carry out the work to a high standard. This is why we are very excited to be able to launch the Practical Dog Management programme to Ireland. This course is the first of it’s kind, and will prepare graduates for a successful career in the following industries;
- Dog Daycare
- Assistant Dog Carer
- Dog Rescue Charities
- Boarding Kennels
- Dog Sitting & Dog Walking
- Working Dog Carer (customs dogs / sniffer dogs etc.)
- And any line of work where managing the welfare of the animals is paramount.
- is far more accessible then ever before. Creedons College have designed the Practical Dog Management course with the needs of the learner in mind. We have created a programme that has had extremely high satisfaction rates and a high ratio of graduates going on to become professionals in the dog care industry.
This course is;
- Delivered on weekends, facilitating those working fulltime, or travelling from a distance
- Just three months long, meaning you will be ready to work professionally in next to no time
- Intense classroom sessions, maximising the learning outcome of each session to ensure that your knowledge and skills develop rapidly
- Focused on facilitating a warm, friendly, inclusive learning environment where strong life long friendships are made while sharing a love for dog care.
*For course modules and classroom dates, see below.
This course is run twice a year, June and September. Courses usually fill approximately 2 months prior to start date so if you are interested in enrolling then don’t delay.
Duration and Delivery
This programme will be delivered part-time over a three month period. Programme content is delivered over two initial weekend sessions, two months work placement, and one final weekend session.
** If learners cannot commit to the two months work placement, please contact the college directly for alternative options.
Click to Download the programme descriptor where you can find out more information on this programme.
One fee of €999
10 monthly installments of €110
40 weekly installments of €27.50
** The Lough Credit Union has approved this course for financial loans.
*** This course has been approved for many grants and state funding.
- Hold your place with the refundable €100 deposit
- Complete the Creedons College QQI Programme Application Form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A member of staff will review and will be in touch to let you know if your application has been successful
- Agree a payment plan with the College
Terms and Conditions
This course leads to a QQI level 6 minor award in Work Practice 6N1974
Alternatively, you can choose to do a shorter work placement, which would be certified by Creedons College alone.
August 31st & September 1st
September 7th & September 8th
November 16th & November 17th
Assessments Due November 29th
Unit 1 Business Characteristics
Unit 2 Issues, Challenges and Trends in the Dog Care Industry – Problem Prevention and Problem Solutions
Unit 3 Legal Obligations of a Dog Care Centres
Unit 4 Dog Care Policy Design, Development, Implementation and Review
Unit 5 Dog Care Procedures Design, Development, Implementation and Review
Unit 6 Communication Skills
Unit 7 Dog Care Operational Skills
Unit 8 Dog Care Work Placement
September 2019, June 2020
Refundable Holding Deposit €100, Full Payment €999